Jeffrey Rau, M.D.
Dr. Jeffrey Rau has a genuine passion for helping others through the artistry of plastic surgery. His love of family and south Louisiana coupled with the need in the community for his specialty made returning to his hometown of Houma an obvious choice.
Jeffrey Rau, MD, FACS is a Nicholls State University summa cum laude graduate who earned his medical doctorate at Tulane University School of Medicine prior to completing his General Surgery Residency at LSU New Orleans. He worked as a trauma and acute care surgeon at Lafayette General Medical Center where he trained surgery residents. Dr. Rau was subsequently honored as a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He then furthered his training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga where he had a vast experience in breast reconstruction, hand surgery, facial trauma and aesthetic surgery. Dr. Rau operates at Physicians Medical Center, Thibodaux Regional Medical Center, and Terrebonne General Medical Center.
Certifications and Professional Organizations
- American Board of Plastic Surgery — Jeffrey Rau, M.D. is board certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS).
- American Board of Surgery — Jeffrey Rau, M.D. is certified by the American Board of Surgery (ABS), one of 24 medical specialty boards of the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS).
- Louisiana Society of Plastic Surgeons - Jeffrey Rau, M.D. is a member of the of the Louisiana Society of Plastic Surgeons (LSPS)
- American College of Surgeons - Jeffrey Rau, M.D. is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons — Jeffrey Rau, M.D. is a candidate for active membership with the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).